Sunday, October 10, 2010

COUNTING

Owing to the fact that today is ten ten of ten...I thought I might up the celebration a bit by posting ten things at ten o'clock. Whoo, boy! Hold me back from tipping those excitement scales!
Anyway, here 'tis: a brief update, listed in no particular order--just what comes to mind first, second, third, fourth, and so on. Gotta' love those ordinals...
  • Lane had to have surgery on the pinky finger he broke while wearing a girl's cheerleading outfit.
  • I bought a new rug for the front room. It is zebra print and makes Michael go wild (not because of the print, but because it cost money.)
  • Evan has been assigned to be an ASL (American Sign Language) missionary. He took some ASL classes in High School, but somehow I doubt he learned words like the Book of Mormon and baptism by immersion there, even if we do live in Utah.
  • I started rehearsals for "A Christmas Carol" last week. I will again be reprising my role as third girl from the left, a slight change from my role as third girl on the right I just finished playing in "The Pirates of Penzance."
  • Joshua's soccer season just ended. His team managed to keep themselves in the Premier league, despite major setbacks. I managed to be only slightly less confused at when it is and when it isn't off sides.
  • I followed a recipe to the T in making some ice cream for dessert tonight. It was absolutely disgusting, and I am going back to my dump and see method of making anything.
  • Teaching is going better. We've only had to have a police officer come in to our class once! (That's for real. I have a student who continually steals, so I invited an officer from our district police to come in and talk to the whole class in an effort to thwart the problem.)
  • My dad is out of the hospital and making progression towards a homecoming.
  • Michael took Joshua and me (Lane was out with friends, as per usual) out to dinner at a restaurant that was celebrating Oktoberfest. He ordered something that came with purple sauerkraut and two fried eggs on the top. I nearly threw up. I ordered a delicious Reuben sandwich and still nearly threw up (after eating the whole thing, that is).
  • I am going to bed now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh I loved you as third girl from the left! Maybe we will have to come see it again this year.

Jeremy said...

"Purple sauerkraut" is actually rotkohl (red cabbage), and one of the things I miss most from Germany. Never had it with fried eggs, though.

SladeMomma said...

I need to use that idea, 10 things at 10, when I can't think of one specific thing to say. I doubt it will be as interesting as yours however. I need a Lane type around to liven things up a bit.