Sunday, January 29, 2012

CORRESPONDING

Dear Mom and Dad,
Another two weeks, gone! Perhaps this is my new M. O. for blog posting? Perhaps not. We'll all just have to wait and see.
I have no excuse, other than being overcome by the natural man, and just not writing. We've actually been doing lots of fun things around here. So I could have shared that Michael took me to see The Four Tops and The Temptations in concert. It was sooooooooooooooo awesome (yes, I did just write soooooooooooooo, just like I tell my third graders not to do...). Michael said that the best part of the concert was watching me. I guess I was giggling like a school girl and smiling from ear to ear the whole time. I don't doubt it. I do know that I was up singing, dancing, clapping, and cheering almost the whole time. Who can sit during songs like "Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch" and "The Way You Do the Things You Do"? I'm pretty sure that I was ridiculous. Truly, though, it was an amazing concert: amazing to see original members of each group perform, amazing to see their choreography (especially The Temptations, who were in complete sync their entire performance), amazing to hear their lyrics and harmonies, and amazing to be up, out of my seat, singing and dancing along with them. What a great night.
I cannot say the same for the performance of "South Pacific" that we saw the week previous. The company was great, though (shout out to Lindsay and Dave). Well, it was great once we actually got to see Lindsay and Dave. You see, we bought season tickets with Lindsay and Dave to the Broadway Across America series. We thought it would be wonderfully fun to double date with them and see all these shows. But, the first show (Blue Man Group), Lindsay and Dave bowed out because of baby Ben. Lindsay gave us her two tickets and we took Lane and Joshua, who absolutely LOVED the show. They were thoroughly entertained. And it was a super show, at least the parts I stayed awake for were (see, there's that natural man again). Thanks, Lindsay! We all think you're awesome!
Anyway, we were supposed to be sitting next to Lindsay and Dave for the showing of "South Pacific," but Michael's dad had thrown away and/or shredded our tickets to the shows (another story, another day) and when we had the tickets reprinted, both sets of tickets were printed for the same two seats. For whatever reason, Lindsay and Dave were not too thrilled with the idea of having Michael and me sit on their laps, so we ended up sitting somewhere else for the first act, and then moving next to them for the second act when many seats opened up because people left at intermission. Yeah, it was that good. I mean, I guess you could call it good if you didn't expect to see choreography in the musical numbers (I think the director was going for "South Pacific" the drama that happens to have music, rather than "South Pacific" the musical that happens to be dramatic), or if you didn't expect the singers to hit all their notes well (classic moments in the show RUINED!), or it might have been a really good show if you were expecting to see nude men running out of the shower shacks. Ummmmmm.....okay. Not your "Hale Centre Theater" production of "South Pacific," that's for sure!
Speaking of the south pacific, let me just end today's ramblings by recommending a book that deals a little bit with WWII in the south pacific. It's called "Unbroken" and what it is, is un-boring.
Well, parents, I'm off to church to try and learn how to ward off (no pun intended...get it? "Ward" off? Ha!) the natural man a little more. And then perhaps, just perhaps, I may write a bit more frequently. Maybe.
Love you for sure, forever.
Keri

1 comment:

SladeMomma said...

I love it when you are corresponding!

I read Unbroken already and it was wonderful. Now I'm on a hiatus between wonderful books. But I need one or two to paint or cross stitch by.

I bet I would have loved the Temptations too although I doubt that I would have been dancing in the aisles. Either I'm too reserved or not that good of a dancer. Probably the latter. I've always thought their choreography amazing. Somehow such precision in women is not nearly as wonderful.

Wish I could go to a show with you guys. Wish you we lived closer. Love you very much!