Wednesday, November 26, 2008

IN STITCHES

I just heard about the funniest thing EVER...

Some nice lady was talking on the radio to Bob Lonsberry about the merits of home-cooked meals; and I quote,

"When you make a home-cooked meal, your children are more appreciative of the food and your efforts."

I haven't stopped laughing since.

She went on to inform the radio audience (those who could still hear her through their peals of laughter) that when you have a home cooked meal, children are more willing to help with the preparation.

Ho, hee, hardy-har-har...I'm wiping tears from my eyes now!

AND,

Did you know that teenagers are more willing to share their feelings with other family members when they have a home-cooked meal?

"Teenagers who gather around the dinner table don't seem to build up the walls that other teenagers build, and they are more open to talk and share their feelings..."

Oh! Stop! I'm going to pee my pants! My side hurts from laughing so much...Whoo-ee, I've got to stop and breathe now.

And make yet another home-cooked meal.


1 comment:

SladeMomma said...

Since Lani had already made the pies, the potatoes, the turkey, the rolls, etc. by the time I arrived, I had it easy this year. Still, after watching the little her girls ate and how quickly they ate it, I decided to give somebody else my business next year and order out. I think I may be just about ready for that.