Tuesday, April 21, 2009

NOT SKINNY

I am not skinny.
I'm not saying I'm fat; I'm just not skinny.

I am somewhere along the lines of slim, with the addition of two lovely, large, very curvaceous, space-filling...HIPS!

Why on earth, you might ask, am I even thinking of such a silly thing?
One, because my mom keeps hounding me to write something...anything...Just post already!
and
Two, because I went to my ZUMBA class again.

Finally, I've found a place for my hips.

A story for you:
One day I went to ZUMBA class, all prepared and excited to swivel those mighty hips of mine to some Latin merengue, when in walked one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen. You know the type: tall, skinny, perfect nose, perfect teeth, golden rope of braided blonde hair hanging down her back, and no hips.

Throughout class I tried to be oblivious and keep my eyes on the instructor, but I kept getting distracted by that pretty girl.

No, it's not like that!
It's just that the pretty girl COULDN'T DANCE!!
She may wear size zero pants and have never had a single zit--EVER-- but that girl couldn't keep the beat to save her life!

And with that fine observation, I swayed and swerved, swooshed and stepped all the more enthusiastically...and right on beat, I might add.

Then, during a drink break, Pretty-girl and I headed the same direction for our water bottles.
As she bent down to pick hers up, I noticed something else about her.
Hearing Aids.
Pretty-girl is deaf.

Keri is a lame-o.

End of story.


Except that it's not. Today I went to my spinning class. And in walked who could only be Pretty-girl's twin sister. Tall, skinny, perfect nose, perfect teeth, thick blonde pony-tail cascading down her back, and no hips.

She even bicycled well...

5 comments:

Dana said...

Well, you're MERRIT's sister and that makes you beautiful and stunning. And your LINDSAY's sister so that makes you talented and creative. And you are MY sister, so that means you probably bicycle really well...

Hope Mexico was fun and you don't have the flu.

Keri said...

And now I'm Amy's sister-in-law...Is that close enough a relationship to have that make me tall, skinny, and blonde?

SladeMomma said...

After reading the story and the comments, it sounds like you have everything going for you. I believe it.

AV said...

Keri -- I loved this post it made me laugh out loud. I think we have all had one of those moments... all though yours is exceptionally funny! Keri, you Dana You and Merrit are some of the most fabulous women I have met in a long time -- I wish I had girl friends like you guys down here in Provo. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. It totally made my day!
If your family ever needs pictures done in the future give me a call cause you are all so DANG cute and I we could do some really fun stuff -- You guys seem like the adventurous type to really do some creative pictures! And you guys automatically get the "because I'm cute and my hips don't lie" discount -- ;-) Have a great day! Thanks again for being so fun and entertaining at the wedding!
xoxo Lyss

AV said...

Tell Merrit that I want to borrow her and that cute Fiance of hers for some pictures for my portfolio! I have always wanted to shoot down in the Lavender fields just past Payson at the end of June so if she and your family and Dana's family would all like to come it would be a really fun evening full of sweet smells and even sweeter people.
xoxo Lyss
email me or call if you guys are up for it.