Sunday, January 31, 2010

BACK

Evan came home for the weekend.

This is how much we saw of Evan:
His head peeking out of the covers.
His shoes left by the front door.
His suitcase and clothes in the basement.


He came home to see a girl. And that girl wasn't me.


Evan also came home to find his bedroom looking like this:


Since his departure to school, both Lane and Joshua have turned Evan's room into a dumping ground for any and all things no longer wanted in their own bedrooms.

I asked Evan how he felt about coming home and finding his room no longer his room.

"Well," he said, "It felt kinda' weird, but I guess it was bound to happen."


Kinda like me not being the girl he'd come home to see in his life...


This growing up thing...I wonder sometimes if I like it.
And yes, actually, I suppose I do.

2 comments:

SladeMomma said...

Keri, glad you're BACK to blogging :-) But I'm sad to see Josh's guitar tucked in at the bottom of the pile in Evan's old room.

Colin said...

me too!