Sunday, January 31, 2010

OBEDIENT

When faced with the daunting task of writing something worth both my time and yours, often I just give up. Nothing, I figure, is better than something that would have been better off left at nothing.

Got that?

But my mom said, "Write something." She's seemingly interested in the hum-drum of my life.
So, in Honor of Mom:

My house. I mean my chaos.



My home improvement (and reason why nothing else is getting done).


My homies (for whom I paint).


My honey (for whom I pant).


My honey's hound.


My hair.


Lane's hilarious (?) invitation to the Sweetheart's dance.


The place where I spend hours and hours of my time.


A six year old historian's horrifying illustration for his February calendar. (Needless to say, I did not let him display his picture, no matter how historically accurate...)


The hon(s) (book, that is, in Japanese) most recently in my hands.


And that, my friends, is how I spend my hours.
Hope yours are happy ones, too!

4 comments:

Natty said...

I love this post. It is fun peek into your everyday life. What room are you painting? You must have a house! :) Rachel is loving having you sub for Mrs. Roller. I still think she watches you for fashion inspiration!

SladeMomma said...

Ah, you love me! Where is the orange going? Can't wait to see the redo!

Dana said...

The artistic abilities in this family amaze me. Please tell Lane never to ask me out for a dance. Please tell Joshua never to paint a portrait of me. Please come and paint my house.

Keri said...

Just to be clear, the invitation was for Lane, not from him, and the portrait was done by a first grader I taught this week. Lane refuses to ask anyone to a dance, and Joshua refuses to draw. Dana, you're safe!