Tuesday, April 6, 2010

HABITUAL

Every Monday morning I wake up and decide, "This is the day, the hour, the moment...that I will live right."

Living right =don't spend money
exercise every day
avoid all things sugar
read my scriptures
post on my blog
be nice

Then comes Tuesday. Oops.

The checklist:
10 boxes of DIY bookcases, 2 gallons of paint, and 1 missionary overcoat does not equal free.
1 Monday morning weight training class does not an athlete make.
Curse you, Denise, and that bag of chocolate covered Peeps you sent home!
Scriptures? Does falling asleep during family scripture reading count?
Posting on my blog...well, I am a jokey jokester.
Being nice: Like I said. Oops.

One nice thing about me: eternally hopeful, I did the math. 38 Mondays 'till any of us have to set real goals...

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

For me its, "Then comes Monday afternoon."

Let's keep repenting and trying and forgiving ourselves and enjoying the chocolate anyway.

SladeMomma said...

I've heard that we believe in repentance, meaning a course correction every Monday morning (or so) is in the Plan. Looking at all those Monday morning in the past, don't you see a tiny bit of progress at least?

Lindsay said...

You're cute.