Saturday, April 3, 2010

TICKLED

I am hardly hilarious.

Zany, perhaps, and sometimes a tad off-color.
But funny is not my forte.

Want proof? Ask me to tell a joke. Inevitably I will forget, mix up, or completely massacre the punch line.

Or, leave your laundry unfolded on the laundry table. I will be anything but funny then.

So, it is with great pleasure that I share with you my April Fool's Day endeavor:

Dinner (which usually is a joke at our house).




On the menu were grilled cheese (toasted pound cake with frosting tinted to look like Velveeta), and cupcakes (meatloaf topped with mashed potatoes) for dessert. And carrots (real ones...my creativity does have limits).

I could hardly keep a straight face through the prayer. I about died when Lane pulled the A1 from the fridge. I couldn't wait until Joshua dipped his sandwich in ketchup. I hooted (privately) when Michael went to warm his toasted cheese. I, folks, had achieved hilarious.

(appreciative) Audience of one.

Next year I'm going to attempt the telling of a joke.

6 comments:

Natty said...

I think you are hilarious! Your giggle gets me started & I think that is a great form of funny.

SladeMomma said...

Love it! So that makes an appreciative audience of at least two.

Anonymous said...

Well I thought they were really quite clever and I would have laughed. I keep wanting to try the "pot pie" made from puff pastry with vanilla pudding as the sauce and starburts shaped into the veggies. Maybe next year...

Dana said...

Hilarious. I'm impressed you can put up that much effort on an April Fools joke but not at being "good"...Maybe you just need to know someone will appreciate/laugh at your efforts?

Lani said...

We did this last year for YW. But your sandwiches look way better than mine did. We also had "french fries" (refrigerated bread dough cut in strips and fried!) with ketchup (strawberry jam).

Natty said...

I am impressed!