Tuesday, December 18, 2007

BEHIND

(To be sung)
"Christmas is coming, and I am way behind..If I don't catch up today, I'll lose my mind!"

Did you like that new rendition of a favorite Christmas carol? Are you living it yourself? Well, best of luck to both of us in getting it all done!

With so much to do, what was I thinking, deciding that now would be a perfect time to get crafty and start sewing things (things, not gifts, mind you!)?
First I made some throw pillows for our bed:


Then, since I didn't quite get my fill with cotton batting (get it? Fill/cotton batting? Ha! I'm so punny!), I decided that my mermaid dolls needed Christmas hats:



And, really, whose mermaids don't need Christmas hats?

As if that weren't ridiculous enough of a thing to do, I went ahead a made another pillow to showcase Joshua's first-grade hand and foot print reindeer picture. After all, what is Christmas without one of these on your couch?



Because that made me feel ever so much happier than doing laundry, dishes, ironing, cooking, or walking the dog, I started making some more pillows!
Learn from me: just because you have fabric stashed away, and just because it is cute fabric that will make cute pillows, that DOES NOT mean you have time to make the pillows (or to do the laundry, dishes, ironing, cooking, or walk the dog for that matter!). The two DO NOT EQUAL each other.
Lesson not learned. But cute pillows on the way!


3 comments:

SladeMomma said...

I'm so glad that you continue living life to the beat of your own merry drum. Pa rum pum pum pum...

Guess what, whether you are behind or caught up, whether you made cute Santa hats and pillows or just did the laundry, Christmas will be here in a week. And a week later only you will remember most of what you did and didn't do anyway. So do what YOU want to.

Pa rum pum pum pum...

lovely laurie said...

Yeah for your mom's sage wisdom and advice. I wish I had spent my time sewing cute pillows or something--anything!

Dana said...

I don't like sewing pillows...I would have chosen to eat key lime cheesecake from our newly opened Cheesecake Factory - oh wait, I AM doing that! Rob chose to nail moulding to all our door casings rather than finish his other "honey-dos".