Wednesday, December 5, 2007

HECTIC

It's been a little busy around here lately with the holidays, the school programs, the school lessons, the kid-driving, the kid driving (I am not good at sharing a car), the show opening, the Christmas shopping, the package posting, the groceries depleting, and much, much more. Just so you know, though, the laundry is back to manageable levels, and the ironing is DONE!

Speaking of laundry, I had been searching high and low for my favorite pair of jeans. I knew I had put them into the wash, but couldn't find them after that. Couldn't find them, that was, until one afternoon Evan stood up and was WEARING MY PANTS! I don't know if I should be mortified that he didn't think the pants felt a little wrong, or if I should be thrilled that I wear the same size jeans as my 16 year old teenager...either way, I have since put my name on the tag and washed the pants again for good measure...

"A Christmas Carol" opened Monday night at Hale Centre Theater. It went well for the most part and, just in case you're wondering, I have a great wig. I look just like Emma Smith.


This week we only have one show on the weeknights, so it shouldn't be too awful for the children left home (thanks, Lane and Joshua). Next week, though, it gets far busier with two, and sometimes four, shows a day. Hopefully it won't become a

!

Well, I'm off to sew a Star Boy gown (I may NOT call it a dress!) for Joshua to wear in the Swedish Lucia program this Saturday evening. Thankfully I did not have to sew or buy (thanks to super Uncle Colin, who also wears the same size pants as my 16 year old) a tuxedo for Evan to wear last night (as well as every Madrigal Choir performance) in "The Forgotten Carols," which was, by the way, stupendous. To read about super Uncle Colin's show--Christmas Around the World--and most of my weekend, go read my mom's awesome blog.

Whatever you do, have a happy, and likely hectic, day!

3 comments:

SladeMomma said...

Which means, I guess, that you and Colin also wear the same size pants. Maybe he or Evan would like to borrow your shiny ones. I am really sad that I don't live close enough to attend all the Christmas concerts, plays, etc. that you and your family is in. That has always been something I truly enjoyed. Now I go and support my piano students.

lovely laurie said...

I find it hysterical that Evan was wearing your jeans! Oh to have that problem!

Amberly said...

Hey there lady! Came across you through Lindsay and am so happy that I get to laugh with you again... evan wearing your jeans?! hilarious! I look forward to catching up on your blog... hope your family is doing well!