Thursday, December 20, 2007

BELIEVING

Last night Joshua's cub scout den had a special Christmas dinner for their mothers. It was wonderful! The boys all dressed up in white shirts and dark pants, and then their leader gave them black berets, red sashes and tea towels to wear, making them all the perfect little French waiters.



Before dinner we worked on a little Christmas activity: "translating" some very verbose phrases into titles of recognizable Christmas Carols. For example, "Jovial yuletide desired for the second person singular or plural by us" would be... ___________________________________________________________
(as if I'm just going to tell you the answer!)

Joshua and I read "Expectation of arrival to populated area by mythical, masculine perennial gift-giver" and began to decipher its meaning. Eventually we came up with "Santa Claus is Coming to Town," but Joshua was quite stumped by the word "mythical." He understood the meaning of the word but completely disagreed with our answer. His explanation: "This can't be about Santa Claus. Santa's not mythical."

Ah, yes. My son still believes. And so do I.




2 comments:

lovely laurie said...

I can hardly stand the sweetness of your son. Such a cute story and one never to be found at my house!

Colin said...

we wish you a merry christmas.

when are we going on a date?

when are your boys available for brodeos?

who is taking lessons from me on thursday?

call me.