Friday, October 3, 2008

DANCIN' DANCIN' DANCIN'

Lindsay, Dave, and I went to see Colin dance at BYU's annual "World of Dance" concert.


Ah, the memories. It used to be us, coming out and greeting the audience after a show!


Dave and Lindsay, who met through Folk Dance, make a great partnership--dancing through life (Awhhh...)


Now it's baby brother's turn.
Doesn't he look good in eyeliner (Yikes!)?

THEN...
I had another most magical dancing moment!



I got to go to the SYTYCD concert with a bunch of my friends from the theater.


We had tickets in a VIP box, complete with waitresses and drinks and snacks and a full evening of sheer ecstasy. It was so very marvelous, I can't even begin to describe it! Absolute heaven for an absolute fan. For you fellow fans out there, know that Katee really was/is the best and should have won. Will was amazing to watch on stage. Twitch and Gev were quintessential entertainers. "Bleeding Love," the Bed Dance, "All By Myself," "No Air," and the pas de deux really were as wonderful live as on TV. "Five Guys Named Moe" was absolutely outstanding in real life, and Will absolutely stole the show on every group number. Gev's solo was standing ovation material--I think I lost my voice cheering for that one, and I am not a hip-hop fan! Jessica was blah, just like on TV. And even the Bollywood number looked cool that evening. I loved every moment of the experience. Happy Birthday to me!

THEN...

The Homecoming Dance was last weekend and both Evan and Lane attended. It was, in fact, Lane's very first date (he doesn't actually turn 16, "legal" dating age in our household, until the end of October, but we okay-ed the dance at school and dinner at our house). Lane went with a lovely young woman named Alydia, and Evan went with one of her best friends, Kennedy. But did Evan and Lane double date? No way, Jose. Evan would have none of that double-dating with his younger brother stuff!

Hence, we only have single pictures of Evan.
He doesn't look very happy in these pictures, but his reports to us confirmed otherwise!

Luckily for us, Lane had dinner at our house, so we got to play fly-on-the-wall, as well as waiter/waitress (Michael, Joshua, Keri and our friends the Steck's all dressed up in oriental robes to serve Chinese food to the party go-ers), chauffeur (Michael), entertainer (Michael and Keri), and housekeeper (Keri, Keri, and Keri) for Lane's date. It was so much fun getting to be a part of it all!



And here the gorgeous couples are: Lane and Alydia, Kaitlyn and Cody.



And THEN...

I found this YouTube video:



Which reminded me of the fabulous places I will be visiting soon (as in, I'm leaving tomorrow morning at 6) as Michael and I travel with his parents to
JAPAN!!!!!
I'll have to make my own video as I dance my dance, prance my prance, and be so happy to be Keri Vance!


No comments: