Friday, October 3, 2008

MY MOTHER


There's a particular picture of my mom and dad when they were young and in love and in college (now they are slightly older and in love and not in college) in which I think my mom and I have the same exact hairdo! I am also pretty sure that we have the same shirt on. The only thing I'm missing, other than a handsome man with his arm around me, is the enormous tissue paper flowers in the background (any of you techno-savvy siblings of mine know the picture I'm talking about? Put it on here, will you?). I am my mother.


A few days after Retro-Keri made her appearance, she went in for another haircut. This haircut is short and a little spiky. This haircut made Joshua say, "You look like Grandma." I am, indeed, looking more and more like my mom all the time. Not a bad thing...just weird. In order to pull off short hair I have found that make up and earrings are imperative. And if I wear make up and earrings every day, then I really am my mother (and my mother would be so proud of me--as well as in shock!).

The other day Evan and I were having a conversation about his life. I heard my mother say--out of my very own mouth--"Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I don't understand you." I am my mother.

Michael and I went out on a date the other night, and this is what I walked outside and saw. Isn't it gorgeous?! I ran inside to get my camera, and Michael said, "You are turning into your Mom and sister!" Not a bad couple of people to be. My mom sees beauty everywhere--even in my short hair (I hope). I should be my mother!

1 comment:

SladeMomma said...

Ah, gee... I'm so lucky to have a daughter who will admit to just maybe being kinda sorta like her mom. And it thrills me beyond belief to think that I might kinda sorta look like my daughter...well, except for the shapely legs and wild tights. As long as you keep wearing those, no chance of becoming me!