Tuesday, September 1, 2009

WISHING SOMEONE WELL

While I was in Colorado we found out about a baby that needed a home.
We wanted to be that baby's home.

Long story, short, the baby's mom picked someone else.
Then,

Yesterday, we got another phone call. The baby had been placed back with the mother, and she wanted to meet with us as potential parents.

Short story, even shorter, the baby's mom picked someone else before our 3:00 appointment even came. She decided to go with a couple she had met that morning.

Let me say, I am thrilled for that couple. I am thrilled for that baby.
I am proud of that mother.
May they all be awash in love.



May I also say, as much as I may like roller-coasters,
I hate them when they involve my heart. Yech. I think I much prefer the boring safety of status-quo.

Especially because, let's face it, I'm already awash in love.
How lucky can a girl get?


4 comments:

Dana said...

How about a puppy?

Lindsay said...

Wow. I had no idea. I could say all the things you've heard before (things work out the way they're supposed to and blah, blah, blah) but I know it still hurts your heart. I love you.

Keri said...

Truly, it all happened so fast, it really is, and I really am okay. Kinda' like ripping a band-aid off, I guess.

SladeMomma said...

But still I'm sorry.