Friday, August 13, 2010

HAPPY...

...BIRTHDAY, to you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, to you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear Daddy!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU!!!!
If any of you are lucky enough to know my dad, then you are lucky enough to know one of the world's greatest men.

And, one of the world's zaniest! He is definitely his own man, doing things his own way.

Once I went with my dad to pick out new glasses for him. If I thought I was to be of any assistance, I was greatly mistaken. He walked in, picked up the first pair of frames he found and declared, "These are good."
"But, Dad, don't you want to try them on first? Or look for some others?"
"These are good."
"But, Dad, there might be others that look more stylish or something."
"Keri," he said, sitting down in the chair, indicating definite done-ness, "Style is not a part of my lexicon."


Who'd 'a thunk it?

Here are a few things that are a part of his lexicon:
Love of my mother.
Love of his children.
Love of Jesus Christ.
Love of His children.

My dad is one in a million. And I love him. I'm lucky that he loves me, too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!
Thanks for teaching me your lexicon of life.

2 comments:

Dana said...

"LEXICON"!?!?! Bet you won't use that in your 2nd grade teaching! Only Dad...

SladeMomma said...

Yep, that pretty much sums it up!