Saturday, August 7, 2010

HOPEFUL

I hope they call me on a mission...



when I have grown a foot or two...



I hope by then I will be 19 years old ready...



To teach, and preach, and work...



like missionaries in the Pennsylvania Philadelphia mission do.

Yes, folks, he's all grown up now and leaving us on September 8th. He could not be more excited. This is what he's dreamed about and prepared for all his life. Evan truly wants nothing more than to serve the Lord.

I, the lucky one he calls Mom, want nothing more for Evan than the peace that comes from knowing that the Lord is intimately involved in his life, and loves him beyond comprehension. If Evan doesn't know that already, he's going to find out.

If you don't know that already, I hope you get to find it out, too. There's nothing better I could wish for you, either. You are loved.

1 comment:

SladeMomma said...

Yep, love that series of pictures, especially the mid-elder one. I hope that he enjoys his mission, even more than you did, and I bet he will!