Sunday, December 4, 2011

CORRESPONDING

Dear Mom, Dad, and Others Who May Care,
You said to just start writing. So I am.
Big news of the week is that Joshua had some oral surgery done. All is well, although he is quite sore, and not looking forward to the additional pain that the upcoming braces will bring.
I think having your child wake from an anesthesia-induced "coma" is quite telling about their personalities. Evan just smiled at everyone he saw. Lane asked for his cell phone and wondered if he had any blood on his shirt. Joshua asked if he could keep the wheelchair.
Later on, while parked at the grocery store where I was filling his prescription, Josh woke enough to ask, "Did I get to ride out to the car in a wheelchair?"
"Yes," I said. "Do you remember asking if you could keep it?"
His eyes brightened. "Well, can I?" he asked.
"Do you like wheelchairs, Josh?" I queried.
"No," he replied, "But I like IVs. Can we go back and do that again?"
I'd better be careful what kind of drugs this kid gets to be around...
And maybe, just maybe, I'll be around here again sometime.
Love Always,
Keri

2 comments:

SladeMomma said...

Thanks for writing. Thanks for the story. It's one you might forget someday (if you are anything like me) if you hadn't written it down.

Dana said...

Dear Keri,

I am glad you started typing. I enjoyed very much your story. I think the first things out of my mouth after a "coma" would be something like "can I eat now?"

Love,
Dana