Thursday, January 3, 2008

NOT HUNGRY




Christmas Eve Dinner.

A.K.A. why I make my own appetizers and eat a full meal before I go over to eat Christmas Eve Dinner. I'm not quite "converted," although I will say that Swedish meatballs and lingonberry sauce (sadly, not pictured) do deserve space on one's Christmas plate. There's also something (delicious) to be said for the bread and cheese, just as long as the bread isn't soaked in ham juice first...MMmmmmm....I'll pass! Speaking of which, please pass the lingonberries...

3 comments:

SladeMomma said...

I'm hoping that your Swedish but sweet mother-in-law is not reading this!

The Hunt's said...

so i sneak in here everyonce in awhile via lindsay because i adore you and love to read your wittiness and may i just say, i would eat a whole pound cake before i ate that floating sausage...eeek! ps-you may check us out at keepingpace.blogspot.com.

Viktoria said...

LOL Keri!!!
Yes I know, the Swedish food is not for everyone... some of it ya kinda have to have been grown up to eat in order to even "bare" the taste, like the "floating sausage" but then you have the "Lutfisk", yuck! I am Swedish but I never ever knew what they saw in that fish, it's pure "nasty". LOL
Happy New Year everyone
Viktoria