Tuesday, February 3, 2009

DELINQUENT

Blog? What blog?

Oh, you mean that one where I'm supposed to write updates every now and then, hopefully with something clever and witty to keep a reader coming back? And, if not that, at least a picture or two for looks?

Oh, yeah. That.

I would gladly update all my followers (apparently I have one--thanks, Colin, I'm flattered!), and be witty and picturesque to boot, but...frankly...my life is rather boring.

For example, today I:

  • Went to the orthodontist (remember that retainer I get to wear?). Very boring. Unless, of course, you're the orthodontist--which you are not--and get to look into my mouth, or the receptionist who thought my striped boots were awfully cute--which they are.
  • Went grocery shopping and bought chicken. Similarly boring. However, I did get to see the mile and three quarters long line next door at Denny's since there was many a hungry soul wanting their free Grand Slam breakfast until 2:00 deal. No breakfast is worth standing outside. Ever. Free shoes, on the other hand, would probably entice me. Free shoes would also be something very exciting to write about.
  • Went to visit a sick friend. Not boring, but not noteworthy, either. I did give her a piece of fruit leather as a treat, though. That's noteworthy. It's also all I could find in my purse. Oh, and cough drops.
  • Did the dishes. So boring. So very, very boring.
  • Made dinner. Chicken. Boring.
  • Picked up Joshua from school. He's not boring, but he is a little naughty, and he escaped my sight and walked home instead of to Cub Scouts. Bother.
  • Got Joshua from home and walked him to Cub Scouts. Bother, bother.
  • Decided to once again revive my ancient past-time of blogging. Boring, for you. A stretch of the imagination for me.
  • Oh, yeah. I also made Lane practice and Evan clean up his snack. So there you go. I'm predictable, too. And so are they.
So that's that. I updated.

Here's wittiness: (from the latest Cub Scout Pack Meeting)
Two cows were standing together in a field. One said, "Moo."
"Hey! I was about to say that!"

And, to finish things off with a bang, a picture to fulfill my blogging duties:


My father-in-law
(granted, it was taken at Halloween, but still my father-in-law)

And, because I cannot resist:


My husband and his Momma.

Yes, we're sad the kids don't take after me...delinquency notwithstanding.


2 comments:

SladeMomma said...

At least two readers! And this one relates to the boring except that I don't have to taxi kids anymore and Dad cooks as often as I do. I like that latter shift in duties although we eat a lot of beans instead of chicken.

Thanks for the heads up about NetLibrary, but my iPod is dying I think. I'm very sad about it.

Jeremy said...

3!

And you tend to update your blog more frequently than I do mine...

Of course you could read my other blogs, but that would be really boring.