Tuesday, May 19, 2009

DAZZLED


This morning when I took a walk I saw:

orange poppies dropping their petals
tiny seed pods falling like snow
pollen from a pine tree glittering in the sun
rainbows in the sprinkler water
water reflecting silver as it overflowed the canal
dark purple lilacs with white borders
copious amounts of bright colored flowers
two neighbors out working in their yards

This morning when I took a walk I heard:

birds chirping
bees buzzing
leaves rustling
construction tractors tractoring
my iPod

This morning when I took a walk I smelled:

wet grass
warm dirt
hot pavement
budding pine boughs
purple and white lilacs
somebody's breakfast

This morning when I took a walk I felt:

warm sun on my arms and face
cool breezes playing on my skin
sweat trickling down my back
my aching right foot neuroma (can I tell you how glad I am to have an actual excuse not to run?!)
and
a rock in my shoe.

I can't wait to do this again tomorrow! It was rather dazzling.

1 comment:

SladeMomma said...

Those are some of the reasons I love walking too.