Friday, May 29, 2009

NOT RICH

Once upon a time I had a paycheck.

"Boy, oh, boy!" I thought. "What in the world will I do with all this money?" (Think: shoes...)
Then

the fridge broke.
a car broke.
our car got broken into and my glasses were stolen (Glasses?! I mean really. What robber is going to wear my prescription glasses?!).
Joshua needed new shoes.
Lane needed new shoes.
(There went Keri's shoes)
Lane needed a physical.
Evan needed a physical.
my scooter broke.
the printer broke.
Evan needed an immunization.
Evan needed money for his grad night.
I got a ticket.
Lane had a band concert/fund raiser.
Joshua wanted to play comp league soccer.
Lane wanted to play comp league soccer.
Evan wanted to go on choir tour to California.
and the whole family wanted to eat dinner. Every night.
breakfast and lunch, too.
but
the freezer just broke. Again. No food and no money.


Moral of the story: she who asks the question will very quickly get an answer!


Rich, I am not.

However, I am also NOT POOR. I've got:

a new sister-in-law

a new niece
nephews who have recently decided that they love me
children who entertain me (anytime you need a laugh, have Lane do his pizza man impression!)
a husband who didn't get (too) mad when I used his new (I didn't know it was new!) tarp to do some spray painting
some newly spray painted kitchen chairs
a new (to me) hand me down watch
a new (opening in a week) show to do
a whole bag of tortilla chips to eat
a brand new thermeter, fan motor, and mother board for the fridge/a.k.a. a practically brand new fridge
and
a whole week of substituting coming up.


Life is rich. Thanks for letting me share it.

4 comments:

Dana said...

Hmmm, let's go shopping. Come visit!

SladeMomma said...

Loved that post! Although I'm feeling poorly since I'm going to miss your show by a week. Maybe I'll need to make another weekend trip in July.

Colin said...

is that bag of chips the needed breakfast, lunch, and dinner? can i have some?

lovely laurie said...

I am not rich either....probably why we get along famously!