Thursday, May 21, 2009

IN A QUANDARY

What to do? What to do?

My kids want certain things. I want others.
How do I know which are the right choices?

Now, if it were a matter of "Should I let them drink arsenic, or should I let them drink water?"
I'd probably get that one right.
One would hope.

I'm hoping I can answer these.

My kids (including the biggest, tallest one) want a dog. I so don't.
Should I cave?

Lane wants to quit the school play so that he can play soccer year round.
(I realize I'm a little bit prejudiced towards the stage, but...) Should I let him?

Joshua wants to play on the soccer team that is far more intense than the one I'd pick for him.
It's also twice the cost. $500 twice the cost.
Should he do it?

Evan wants to run down our street naked, shouting, "I'm the King of the World!" at the top of his lungs.
Well, not really, but it sounded good. And I'd probably let him.
There aren't many people that live on our street.

Well, these and other mysteries are rattling around in my head.
Here's another: should I eat these stale jelly beans, or not?

Eat them. I should definitely eat them.

For help with all other matters (the jelly beans are now gone, so no more wondering about that!), please call 1-800-I'm-Bound-To-Make-My-Children-Hate-Me.

Then all I have to know is, "Should I answer the phone, or shouldn't I?" Ah, the questions never end...

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

But there are fun questions too...

Should I paint my cabinets red or green...or even turquoise?

Should I read this book or that one?

Should I call my sister today or tomorrow?

Keri said...

Those were really good ones. I feel excited just thinking about all of those possibilities! Thanks, Lin. So green, or red maybe?

lovely laurie said...

No, on Evan running down the street naked....Yes, on letting Lane play soccer all year.....No, on the jelly beans (oops, too late!)....Yes, on the dog, it makes them SO happy! Just get a little one that can stay outside.....Red on the cabinets....Gosh it's easy to answer questions for other people. Maybe we should trade questions!