Monday, October 8, 2007

ANXIOUS...

...to get back to my book! No, this is not an altogether unusual feeling for me. I am always anxious to get back to reading, but these past few days have been even more aggravating as I've had things pulling me this way and that, away from the couch and away from my book! The sad thing is, it's not even all that spectacular a book. It would be one thing if I were reading something remarkable, commendable, or laudable. Instead it's just a cheesy romance from the "Twilight" series. These books are all the rage among the preschooler moms, the gals in "Christmas Carol," and most any other female I've met and spoken with in the past month (besides my mother, that is. Mom, this book is NOT for you). It's the love story between Bella, a normal all-American high-school girl, and Edward, a beautiful, romantic vampire.

I am (and I really hate to admit this) just like every other "Twilight" series reading girl, in love with that vampire.


Well, duh.

The above are actually pictures of actor Henry Cavill, but the author of the books has said that he is her "Edward." He is...beautiful. I...must...go...read...(breathe, Keri, breathe!). This has to fulfill Elder Oaks' admonition to us yesterday in Conference to read from the best books. Edward is the best. That's because, of course, he reminds me so much of Michael!

Well, duh.

4 comments:

SladeMomma said...

Teehee. I did try to read Twilight and didn't get very far before I decided the book wasn't making it even to the "good" category. No 'plainin' some folks' tastes.

Dana said...

I understand your obsession with Edward, for I have one with Jamie - from the Outlander series that is. And strangely enough I'm also in love with the narrator, Davina Porter, because she IS Jamie to me! Yea, that's weird - but it's definitly the BEST book (if you want a romance)... I'm on book 5 or 6.

lovely laurie said...

So, I have to know--was "New Moon" better than "Twilight?" My opinion is still that it couldn't have been worse! Signed, Anxious Also

Keri said...

Laurie, (and anyone else who cares)
Sadly I was sucked into all three books and admittedly enjoyed the second and third far more than the first. None of them is particularly well-written, though, and the story line is pretty ridiculous. But they still captured my attention, and at least 4 days of my reading time. Make that 5. I spent the next day reading "Chapter One" from Edward's perspective. I am hooked. And slightly embarrassed!