Friday, July 27, 2007

DISAPPOINTED.

Anyone who knows me is aware that I like eyeshadow. I particularly like MAC eyeshadow.

Anyone who knows me is aware that I like to shop on EBay.

So, finding MAC eyeshadow on EBay (selling at less than half the retail price, at that!), was really a highpoint of my money-spending life. Needless to say, I bought it.

Then I waited for it to come; it was being shipped to me all the way from Thailand. And I waited. And I waited.

Eventually the happy day arrived, as did my package.

As you may be able to guess, all was not well once I opened the box. Three of the eye shadows are completely different than what was posted on EBay, one is a mystery color, and the rest are just adequate. I am going through EBay's dispute resolution to get things fixed, but I am also going through severe disappointment. This doesn't mean, however, that I will quit shopping EBay. Sorry, honey. Now you are suffering from disappointment, too.

Then...this morning I took the personality test posted on my sister Lindsay's blog. Again, severe disappointment. I found out that I don't have a personality, or at least not the one I wanted.

The Giver

You strive to maintain harmony in relationships, and usually succeed.
Articulate and enthusiastic, you are good at making personal connections.
Sometimes you idealize relationships too much - and end up being let down.
You find the most energy and comfort in social situations ... where you shine.

In love, you are very protective and supporting.
However, you do need to "feel special" - and it's quite easy for you to get jealous.

At work, you are a natural leader. You can help people discover their greatest potential.
You would make a good writer, human resources director, or psychologist.

How you see yourself: Trusting, idealistic, and expressive

When other people don't get you, they see you as: Bossy, inappropriate, and loud.


Nope. No way. Not me.

Actually, I thought the questions the test asked were rather interesting. I had a hard time choosing how to answer some of them. Apparently I answered some of the questions WRONG, because I don't think the results are very representative of me. Either that, or I am just too complex a person for this test. Lindsay's results, however, seemed dead on (not that you're not a complex person, too, Lin). Maybe I'm just disappointed because this test proved, once again, that I'm really not like my sister in all the ways I wish I were. Or, maybe I really don't have a personality, after all?

Nah. I'm too good at wearing eyeshadow to think that's true!


3 comments:

SladeMomma said...

I tried taking the personality test but found so many questions unanswerable that I gave up. Who cares anyway!

jalyn said...

the outlet store near my house has mac eyeshadow for 40% off..i will look for you and see if there are any interesting colors...

can't do much about the personality....

jalyn said...

here is my personality test results..i think it is fairly accurate... except for the breaking a lot of hearts part....You Are An ENFP
The Inspirer

You love being around people, and you are deeply committed to your friends.
You are also unconventional, irreverent, and unimpressed by authority and rules.
Incredibly perceptive, you can usually sense if someone has hidden motives.
You use lots of colorful language and expressions. You're quite the storyteller!

In love, you are quite the charmer. And you are definitely willing to risk your heart.
You often don't follow through with your flirting or professed feelings. And you do break a lot of hearts.

At work, you are driven but not a workaholic. You just always seem to enjoy what you do.
You would make an excellent entrepreneur, politician, or journalist.

How you see yourself: compassionate, unselfish, and understanding

When other people don't get you, they see you as: gushy, emotional, and unfocused