Saturday, July 21, 2007

TWENTY YEARS OLDER!




I recently traveled home (home will forever be Ft. Collins, Colorado, regardless of the fact that I have not lived there for nearly two decades!) for a Slade family gathering (and some Slade sister shopping, and some Slade parents' cooking, and some Slade cousin playing, and some Slade summer swimming--Jeremy, you rock!). If I were any good at this computer/blog stuff, I would put a link here to my mom and/or my sister's blog, where you could see lots of pictures from the visit (I'm giving it a try...). But, as of yet, I'm not so good.
Anyway, while I was in Ft. Fun I got to visit with some old friends. And, considering that some of them were there for their 20 year high school reunion, they really are OLD! I, on the other hand, don't have my 20 year reunion until NEXT year, so I am still a veritable spring chicken!
The above pictures are of one of my dearest chicky-babe friends, Jalyn, and me--then, and now. We had a great time catching up during my visit, and I am always reminded how lucky I am to have such low start-up costs to our friendship. Thanks, Jalyn. I am grateful. And I am absolutely blessed to have been surrounded by such good people all my life. My dad always said, "Associate with winners," and I think I have been 100% obedient to that one! So here's to twenty years of friendship, experience, living, and learning. It's a great place to be.

2 comments:

lovely laurie said...

Twenty years older and wiser too! You are definitely a "Spring Chicken"--I've seen your legs! (You decide how to take that one!)

jalyn said...

WOW...how great do we look!! :)
so grand to see you ...and continue our "low maintenance" friendship..may we have another 20 years!
talk to you soonly...love you lots!
jalyn