Monday, September 10, 2007

CELEBRATORY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

This is a picture of my birthday party. I (I know it's hard to recognize me with no hair) am the one holding the empty box. The other three are my children. My husband is not pictured because he is on vacation to Lake Powell.

Just kidding! Well, not entirely: Michael really is at Lake Powell, and I really do have three children. But I do have hair.

And, yep, it was my birthday. Nearly come and gone. It was a wonderful day. Michael took me to breakfast at my favorite hole in the wall (let's go get more Garbage Hash!) before he took off for the week. He and Joshua also made me an Angel Food Cake yesterday, and I got to watch 5 movies in one day! Then, as if that weren't enough, I came home this afternoon to find all the ivy cut back from the kitchen windows. That really was a great gift, honey. I was/am so excited to be able to see outside again!

Tonight Lindsay and Fam came over for dinner. Or, I should say, came over with dinner. She brought my Birthday Standard: Chicken Broccoli Casserole, with more yummy Angel Food Cake with strawberries and whip cream for dessert. She even did the dishes.

And thanks, Mom, for the darling outfit. I am so cute in it! And that was when I still had my jeans on underneath the skirt!

Really, a tremendous thank you to all for making this such a fabulous celebration of my BIRTH! I know you're happy I'm here!

2 comments:

lovely laurie said...

I am so totally happy you are here! Happy Birthday--just a little late.

SladeMomma said...

So where's a picture of the new outfit, even over jeans? I wanna see!