Sunday, September 2, 2007

OBSESSED!

My mom and sister-in-law and I spent over 5 hours in Ikea yesterday. As if that weren't enough to prove my point (or support today's adjective choice), as we came out of the store my mom said, "I got to spend all morning with Lindsay who talked the whole time about photography, and the afternoon with you, who talked the whole time about paint colors and home decorating." She did go on to say that she thought that was great, and had enjoyed herself. I tremble, however, to think that I have become that horrid social-monster: the one who talks non-stop about only one thing. The one who is obsessed, possessed, preoccupied, and controlled by her pet topic. The one who really, really bugs at family dinners. Yeah, that one.

The truth is, though, I really am obsessed.

If you asked my children, they would probably tell you that I am obsessed with shoes.
If you asked my husband, he would probably tell you that I am obsessed with blogs. Or shopping for shoes.
I just asked my sister, and she said that I am obsessed with books. Or shoes.
If you asked me, though, I would probably tell you that I am obsessed with "So You Think You Can Dance." I can (and have) spend hours at a time watching dances on YouTube. I have read and reread all of the bios of all of the dancers of all of the seasons on the dance show's website. I google my favorite dancers to find out what they are doing now. I almost cancelled previously planned trips to Lagoon, just so I could be home to make sure the VCR worked on Wednesday nights. And I seriously considered going home early from Lake Powell to make sure I got to see the season finale (don't worry, I stayed, and you can watch the finale on YouTube). Yes, I am obsessed.

Just to make sure that you don't waste as much time as I have searching for dances, let me link you to a few of my favorites:


Now that Season 3 is over I am not quite sure what I will do with my time. I do have the "So You Think You Can Dance" Final 6 on video tape, so I may just watch that over and over. While painting and decorating my house. While wearing another pair of new shoes.

2 comments:

SladeMomma said...

I definitely am not obsessed by dance, probably because I do not think I can dance. I do appreciate the body control that dancers, and other athletes have, however. But I'm with you in the decorating and shoe departments. I enjoyed our 5 hrs in IKEA and am looking forward to seeing your finished product in your red room. Your visions all turn out well afterall. As for the shoes, I surely miss our visits to the $9.99 store.

Denise said...

From a fellow obsessor, I heartily approve your choices! I'm always sad when that show ends. (I linked over from Lindsay's blog, cute pics she has on there!)