Thursday, September 13, 2007

HOT

Last night was the Hale Centre Theatre's annual Thank You Party. Last night was also the official reason that I didn't go to Lake Powell with Michael. And last night I looked hot. H-O-T.
I am not generally too impressed with my outward beauty: I've probably seen myself too many days without showers for that (besides, it's inside that counts, right?). Don't get me wrong; I think I can generally qualify as cute, and sometimes, if I work hard enough, I might even make it to pretty. But last night all the stars, planets, milky ways and galaxies aligned themselves to moonbeam their cosmic magic down to me, and I blew a gasket on the HOT thermometer.
Sadly, there are no pictures. You will just have to take my word for it.
You can't even take Michael's word for it, since he wasn't there with me.
It's too bad he was gone, too, because it was a really great party. The theater does this every year to "thank" everyone who participated in a show during the last season. It's a formal event, so everyone gets all done up in their finery, and then we come for a catered dinner, prize drawings, scenes and songs from the various shows, video histories, dancing, and karaoke all night long. It's such a fun time (though probably miserable for the spouses who have to come knowing no one) to reconnect with other performers and friends. I always look forward to this event, and continue to thank those lucky stars, not only for making me so dang hot last night, but for the opportunity I have had to participate in the shows there. Hopefully there will be more to come so I can get all dressed up again, whether in costume and wig, or for next year's Thank You Party. I've got a HOT trend to continue now!

4 comments:

SladeMomma said...

And you didn't even tell us what you were wearing or how your hair was done or the raving compliments you got for being so HOT, that plus not having pictures!

Keri said...

Well, since you asked...I wore a red and gold traditional Vietnamese outfit that Gary and Marianne brought home from their many travels. I wore my hair down and straight (as if I have much choice), kind of like an asian bob, if you will. I did my eyes really dark and smoky and had deep red lipstick on. I got lots of compliments and felt like an asian queen.

SladeMomma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay said...

There must be something magical about that party because I believe you said how HOT you looked last year too. I need a magical party like that.