Friday, November 16, 2007

SHARING

This has to be a highlight in Michael's life: a conversation any father would be proud to overhear...

Evan: Mom, do you have any make-up I can borrow?
Mom: Go ask your brother Lane. He used some yesterday.

Now let me explain. Evan and Lane are in their school musicals. Performers, even guys, have to wear makeup on stage. So they both came to me. Well, Lane came first, and then Evan went to Lane...

Lane performed last week and was BRILLIANT as Frederick, the romantic lead in "Pirates of Penzance." He really was darling and if I were a junior high aged girl, I would have been sighing along with the rest of them! Word is, "He's HOT!" I am merely quoting what I heard in the hallways.

Evan's show opens tonight. His high school is performing "Damn Yankees." They had two matinees this week for the local elementary and junior high schools but sadly, no one came. I guess nobody wanted to send their classes to something that has a swear word in the title. Actually, I don't blame the schools. There would have been hell to pay from many a parent if their children had gone. Funny thing is, it's a pretty tame show. It came out in the mid-50's, and it's the story of a baseball player who sells his soul to the devil in order to win the world series (am I getting this right?). Good wins over evil (well, love does) and I don't even think they swear...but I could be wrong. Wrong, or just calloused to such a vocabulary, after years of working in the theater. HA!!!



I do have to admit to a measure of excitement at seeing my children taking to the stage...and at being good at it. I didn't mean to push them into it, and I don't know that I did. But it is what I do, so I probably pushed in one way or another. Of course, I read a lot, too, and spend an enormous amount of time doing laundry and dishes (despite what previously posted pictures may portray...), and that hasn't seemed to push any of my family into similar action. So go figure. Maybe performing is just plain fun! I'm happy to share my love of it, and my makeup, with anyone!

5 comments:

SladeMomma said...

Let me tell you how sad I am that I am not getting to see these musicals with my amazing grandsons performing in them! I'm almost crying. I love musical theater and I love watching my family perform. Darn, Darn, Darn! That was not swearing, just a little frustration letting off steam...

Lindsay said...

that is awesome! I would love to her BJ walk in and ask for my moms make up...unfortunately he is a cowboy instead of a talented actor! We need to do lunch soon!

Dana said...

Rob would just die if he read that entry...

I, on the other hand, thought it was hilarious. Maybe I should send the green eye shadow back to Joshua?

jalynnie said...

hi keri....
jalyn here...call me please when you get a chance. some sad news in fort collins- lori radcliff's mom passed away on saturday..she wanted me to let you know- i will give you the details, etc..i can't find your real email!!

( i forget stuff like that..)

Dashing Darrell and Lovely Laurie said...

Macall thinks your boys are "HOT" too! They would make any mom's heart happy.