Tuesday, August 7, 2007

OVERWHELMED

I...am...exhausted...
I just had seven children.
And, no, I don't mean in the "natural childbirth" sort of way.
All I did was babysit.
Seven children.
For three hours.
And I...am...exhausted.

Seven children is what my mother had. Seven children is what my mother raised (and is still raising) for 36+ years now. No three hour stint for her. (Look here to see what she has done!)

My mother is a saint.

Not only did she raise seven of us, but I think she did a pretty darn good job of it, to boot! We all went to school, we all wore clean clothes, we all participated in various activities, we all had friends (excluding, perhaps, me in junior high), we all learned to play an instrument (or two), we all made it to college, and we all like each other.

I was just glad that Dana came home. Glad, and exhausted. God knew what He was doing when He only gave me three children, half-way raised, and well-spaced. I would have been overwhelmed by any more blessings. Overwhelmed...and...exhausted...Good-night!

2 comments:

lovely laurie said...

Dear Overwhelmed and Exhausted:

I have come to realize that it doesn't matter how many children you have you~being a mom makes you overwhelmed and exhausted. You are a good mom, a good sister, a good wife, a good niece, a good everything (oh yes, and a GREAT blogger!)--just get used to being overwhelmed and exhausted!

Signed--Your Friend in Overwhelmedness and Exhaustion

SladeMomma said...

Only a true saint could raise 7 children dropped on them all at once. It only takes a mom when they enter your life one at a time and the Lord buoys you up. Not so for babysitting, and that's the truth!