Tuesday, April 15, 2008

EXPLANATORY

Why I should never cook:


Cheese for the tacos...ummm, right. I was just trying to defrost the cheese. Oops.


The aftereffects of my tomato soup. Imagine the same thing all over the stove top, stove bottom, kitchen floor, counters, and walls. It didn't taste good, either, even in a bowl!


Angel Food Cake. Can't you tell? Neither could we, what with the rubber casing on the top, and the pancake like, er, cake underneath...Thank goodness we had brownies to eat, too, which actually did bake up beautifully.

Why Lane should never part his hair on the side:



Why Shea should not let Riley dress herself:


Just kidding! She's adorable, and the hanging pockets just serve to make the shorts more modest!


Here's Riley showing off her newly pierced ears, and her off the shoulder spaghetti straps.

Why Uncle Colin rocks:



He's related to me.


He's pretty darn cute (remember, he's related to me).


He teaches my boys to play the guitar (and with such enthusiasm!).


He left his electric guitar at my house for several days, making this particular boy particularly happy, and particularly fond of the guitar!



He helps create memories.

(In case you can't read this, it is Joshua's Memory Quilt about the time Colin took Joshua and Emma hiking up to Timp cave.)

He has only done the "Flying Burrito" to me once.
Thankfully, I do not have a picture of this event.

Why Evan should stay away from Uncle Colin (besides the whole "Flying Burrito" thing):



Why we loved listening to Conference:

A day spent on the couch...what could be better?


How about:
Sustaining a new prophet.
Sustaining all Church leaders.
Listening to inspired and inspiring messages.
Hearing the music.
Knowing the words.
Recognizing the Spirit (it just feels like...HOME!).


And it was so reverent. Michael sets the best example!

3 comments:

Dana said...

I wish I could be there to experience the cheese, guitar lessons, but not the teasing from Franny.

Colin said...

yeah.. i'm pretty much awesome. but i get it from my sisters..

..except for dana.

SladeMomma said...

Guess my Google Reader doesn't always work because I just now discovered this entry and it never showed on the Reader. Go figure.

The only bad thing about the blogs is that you see all the things that you're missing. And I do miss being a part of everything. Sigh... I have such a great family. I wish I could be closer to them all. Sigh again...