Wednesday, April 2, 2008

FOOLISH


Happy April Fool's Day! I got got. Did you?

All was well until I received a text message from my husband asking me to call Myra Maines at such-and-such a number. The text came while I was at a meeting, a meeting Michael knew all about, and surely he wouldn't have asked me to do something unless it was important, so I was a little anxious at not being able to expeditiously fulfill his request. Being the obedient and dutiful wife that I am, I hurriedly called as soon as was possible, only to be told that I had just called a funeral home on April Fool's Day and asked for my remains.

It's almost as good as the time he told my mom and me that she had misspelled his name on our wedding announcements...wedding announcements that had already been printed up by the hundreds and sent out to guests...April Fools!

It's almost as good as the fake poo that Michael likes to randomly place throughout the house, not even on April Fool's Day, just to make me crazy.

It's almost as good as having Michael think that I was joking when I told him that the bathroom toilet had overflowed, and there were "things" there for him to clean up when he got home. I wasn't joking.

But nothing is as good as what Evan did to Michael on April Fool's Day. I don't know if I'm more impressed with Evan's jokes, or with the fact that somebody actually fooled Michael with something? Evan put clear packaging tape across the opening of Michael's shredder, and left a note for Michael to find when he investigated the problem. Evan put sticky tape on the bottom of Michael's mouse so that it wouldn't move, complete with another April Fool's note. Evan rearranged all of Michael's computer files, hiding them somewhere on the laptop, and putting them all into something he could only open by clicking on a tiny little button labeled--you got it--April Fools! Michael's screen saver now says, "April Fools, April Fools, April Fools." Way to go, Evan! You are no fool!


It's a good thing Michael doesn't work construction!


P.S. For a very sad, but funny nonetheless, look at what was not a joke to some Utah people, go here. I'm not sure I would want to be neighbors with any of these people!

1 comment:

SladeMomma said...

Hurray for Evan (those are good)...and for Michael. The funeral home idea was creative. Happy April. Spring is coming. Another hurray.