Tuesday, April 29, 2008

DUMB

And done, with this book:
This was a fun, fascinating, and thoroughly enjoyable book. It even has pictures (well, political cartoons from "The New Yorker." I got a chuckle out of those!). I just couldn't understand it. Not one bit. I've decided I am just too dumb.
I must not be an actual descendant of the Lofgreen clan. I cannot play Scrabble, Boggle, or Rook. Neither can I understand the rules or arguments of philosophy and logic, and that's what this book was all about .
Apparently I also missed out on the Slade-line ability to read, use, and understand extra big words. Ah. That would have been a helpful attribute as I endeavored to make sense out of these 196 pages of political double speak, no speak, and me no speak so good anymore. My brain hurts too much. Maybe it was all that Latin?!
I started rereading this book again this morning, with great hope and faith that maybe the second time through I'll actually get more out of it than just a headache. I found myself giggling every now and again the first time through, so there must have been something of merit! And, if you're a Democrat, you'll really like this book because it definitely has a down-with-the-dirty-Republicans, especially that pesky little George W. Bush, slant. If I make it through a second time, and still feel I have the stamina and somewhat lessened levels of stupidity, I would like to read the other book by these authors:


Maybe you'll beat me to it...let me know if I dare try and do this to myself again!

1 comment:

SladeMomma said...

Where in the world, or on the library shelves, did you find that book? Seems a little different than your ordinary genre.