Thursday, August 28, 2008

NOT PREGNANT

This is, actually, good news.

I don't particularly want to be pregnant. I really am too old. My kids really are too big.

But I used to want to be pregnant--REAL BAD--and that has been, for me, an intense, probably-not-quite-over-yet, struggle with learning better to accept myself, God's great plan, and that pernicious little ache called disappointment.

So I've learned some things. I've felt some things. And I've come a long way, (no more) Baby! Still and all, it's a sad, sad day when A MAN can get pregnant, and I can't!

Go figure. Pickles, anyone?



P.S. There's an amazing blog at cjanerun.com that everyone should read. Everyone should also pray for c jane's recently injured sister, Nie (lots more information at cjanerun.com) and her husband.
Then, if you'd like, search for c jane's July 21, 2008 post. Somehow she summed me up. And reading that filled me up. Thanks, c jane.

1 comment:

SladeMomma said...

Thanks for blogging about it, your tender feelings. Thanks for the link to read about someone else's motherhood odyssey. Parenthood gets ya going and coming. We all have stories to tell.

I'd already read about the plane crash tragedy but I really appreciated c jane's Aug 26 entry entitled "No Sting." That summed up a lot too.