Tuesday, August 19, 2008

SORE

I went running yesterday. Ouch.

What was I thinking?! I do not like excercise. I am not my sister Dana! I am not even on a diet! So why run?!

Because my friend Erika is training for a marathon.

Today, with my aching legs crying out in pain and anguish, that sounds frighteningly similar to "Because everyone else is doing it!" No teenager, and no 38-year-old wanna' be teenager, should ever confuse that thought with sound reasoning.

Yesterday morning, though, I just figured that if Erika is already running 16 miles a day, and she's not really a runner, either, then certainly I could run, rather than walk, my daily dog-walking trail through the neighborhood.

Today, though, I am sore. I am also not training for a marathon. Best of luck to you, Erika. I'll just be walking...about 26 miles behind you.

2 comments:

Dana said...

HA! That was funny. I used to not be a runner - in fact, I still don't consider myself a runner. I'm a jogger.

SladeMomma said...

Don't run...dance! Same benefit, more fun.