Thursday, July 30, 2009

BEFUDDLED

I LOVE So You Think You Can Dance.

Love it. Want to marry it.
Am willing to skip just about anything else in life just to watch it.


But who in the world is Lil' C
and why does he keep showing up on my favorite dance show????!

Beyond that, once he's there,
why do they let him talk?

Lil' C: "Uh, yeah...Uh, when you come to a new, uh, new genre, then you are, uh, in a place that represents darkness. Yeah, it represents darkness and what's unfamiyah..."

Dancers stare at Lil C' uncomprehendingly.

Lil' C: "So, yeah, you are where it's unfamiyah and you have to see. You have to see with your ears."

Dancers continue to stare blankly.

Lil' C: "Until you, yeah, see with your ears, and when you see with your ears in a new genre that's when you're in that place that's darkness. That's unfamiyah."

Cat Deeley: "Okay, then. Mary, was it a dark place for you?"

Mary: Screams.


Later...

Lil' C: You guys were amazing. Yeah, amazing, but I needed more.

Dancers attempt to nod as though understanding.

Lil' C: So, uh, you got synchronicity. You got sameness and yeah, but you gotta' show you're different. The stage is that empty place. Like a bowl. Yeah, uh, the stage is your bowl and you still gotta' eat. Yeah, cuz' you're different, but you gotta' eat.

Dancers stare in dazed stupor.


And then, my favorite part of the evening...

Cat Deeley: I'm not quite sure what you just said, but I think I'm starting to get hungry.

That was uh, yeah, awesome, Cat Deeley. You and your silky tresses ROCK ON!
And please, someone vote Lil' C off the show! The rest of the dancers CAN STAY!

3 comments:

Colin said...

i so agree. we can't stand him. him and his "you've got to induce labor" comments.

Anonymous said...

I too whole heartedly agree with you. Along with not understanding him, he uses the word "Buck", which I'm positive is a word he made up which means something along the lines of "Very good", but it drives me crazy!

Dana said...

Hy-ster-i-cal. So funny. Didn't you know he's a famous CRUMPER!!??!?!? He and Mary, Tyce, and Debbie Allen can all be banned from the judging panel for me. Mia, definitely Ellen, and Andrew can stay. Ligel has to stay since he's the producer but he should be limited to 30 seconds.

Can you believe Jeanette got voted off? So sad. My vote for next week is either Jeanine or Brandon...but mostly I think Jeanine.

We are going to the tour show again ... want to come? I also am such a junkie I am contimplating flying to LA to see a live taping in the fall - wouldn't that be so fun! But you can't get confirmed tickets so it would be a little risky.