Tuesday, July 28, 2009

INFESTED

While making lunches for the working men of this family, I found two boxes of granola bars,


empty;

one cracker box,


empty;

and the chip bag,

empty.

Not one of these empty things did I find in the garbage can, where empty things belong.

What sort of insanity made me ask who was responsible?!

Isn't it obvious? Pesky old "Not Me" has made residence in our residence.
My poor parents tried to kick Not Me out of their house years ago. They must have finally met with success.

It's either that, or rats.
That's what Evan suggested when we asked all three boys about the cleanly opened, nearly empty graham cracker box hidden in the storage room. Yes. It could be rats. Very smart, very dexterous rats.
I'm not sure that's better.

Ah, well. That's

.
Not quite empty.

1 comment:

Colin said...

i'm sorry. you live with boys.