Tuesday, December 9, 2008

BE-LOVED


This super singer and his Madrigal choir came and performed for the student body at Joshua's school. I, of course, played the ever-present stage mom, and was there to watch from the back of the room.

It was fun to be there, especially with many of Evan's former teachers coming up to me with looks of amazement at seeing little Evan all-grown-up.

It was touching to watch Evan pick Joshua out of the audience for one of their audience participation numbers, and Joshua beaming at his friends with pride, while turning to give Evan a look that could only mean, "How dare you put me on the spot in front of my friends!"

Sweetest of sweet moments took place after the program. Evan came to the back and told me how he had teared up, seeing Joshua and me there in the audience, while singing the words, "But sweeter still is the joy when I see the family 'round the Christmas tree."

"I just love you guys so much," he continued. "Thanks for being my family."

As he told me that I felt such a "whoosh" in my heart and I recognized, once again, what a marvelous miracle it is to be loved.


3 comments:

SladeMomma said...

Ah, such a nice story, but you should put the picture of you, Michael and Evan from my blog onto yours. Much better picture of Evan, and I love his facial expression. Oh, yes, and I love you too. Does that may your heart go "whoosh"?

Keri said...

If you would like to see a better picture, go to slademomma.net
Besides just getting to see our pictures there, you'll be wildly entertained and enlightened. Do it. You know you want to!

Dana said...

I love you too and am glad your in my family. Whoosh...:)