Sunday, December 7, 2008

IN MOURNING

Not really.
But I should be.

All our pets are gone.

First, Buddha, the dog, ran away on Thanksgiving Day. We didn't even want to eat him, and he still escaped over the fence (again)...as of yet, never to be seen again.



Then, Joshua decided that Hamsters aren't really as much fun as anticipated. Instead they just turned out to be a lot of work, and smell, without much return (I would say something to the effect of, "Kind of like teen-age boys," but that makes me sound as rude as I really am, so I will refrain from such commentary). So back to the pet store went the hamsters, as per Joshua's request (and Mom's relief).

Now you see them...
(the happy birthday boy and his pets)

Now you don't!
(Kind of ironic labeling, don't you think?)

In keeping with the string of bad pet-luck, the bird died today. This actually makes me sad, surprisingly enough, and not just because of the $15 I spent last week on bird food. Maybe there's an animal lover deep inside me after all.



But probably not.

Come on over, Emma. We're pet free.

1 comment:

SladeMomma said...

Aren't you just a little sad to have run off, rejected or killed all the little critters in your care? :0) But isn't it great (speaking from personal experience) to be pet free?!!!!!!!