Friday, December 12, 2008

BELOVED

It worked!

The pets went away, and Emma came to visit.



One frosty winter's night I heard a knock-knock-knocking on my front door, and before I could get down there to open it, in--without any fear or trepidation whatsoever--walked four of my favorite little lovelies (make that five: their dad came too!).

Nathan went straight for the kitchen and the crackers.



Slade went straight for the basement and the toys.



Sawyer went straight for wherever his dad was...but later came and played with us.


(So funny! He took this pose the instant
he saw the camera pointed at him!)


Emma read me stories by the Christmas tree,



danced a jig or two around the kitchen table (with Sawyer keeping pace, Irish-stepping all the while),



and even got Joshua to step along with them!



All the while, Nathan ate crackers.



Later there were hugs from Uncle Michael (more like torture-chamber squeeze-a-thons, if you ask me...),



and Nathan finished off the (second package of) crackers.



In fact, the only time Nathan spoke to me the entire night was to ask for candy (I was happy to oblige) and if there were more crackers.

Oh, and he also told me I could be his new mom if he didn't have to go home that night.
(Lindsay, I think it's time you invested in some crackers!)

I also think it might have been worth a missing animal or two (sorry to my own animal-loving family) for a night of getting to play the part of beloved aunt. Yes, definitely worth it.



P.S. Happy Birthday, Brother. You're beloved, and certainly invited to visit (and bring your little lovelies) too!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am so glad that you love my children because they certainly love you. Thanks for being excited to see them and for providing toys, entertainment and crackers!

Dana said...

And Carson is going to be in auntie-heaven WITH pets over the holiday break - we will have 3 dogs spending the vacation with us!

Viktoria said...

Mike's always been a pro in the "torture" category!