Tuesday, December 23, 2008

QUOTABLE

Well, at least my children are.

Joshua got very excited when I told him that Aunt Merrit was coming to visit.

"Mom," he questioned, "Who do you think is the prettiest of you and your sisters?"
Stating the obvious, I replied, "Well, Merrit, of course."
"Mom, would you be offended if I agreed with you on that?"


Not to worry; he told me I was, at least, second. Condolences to my third and fourth prettiest sisters.


Another time we were listening to Christmas music and "Deck the Halls" began to play.

"Why do they keep singing about Richard?" Joshua plied.
"Richard?" I asked, "Who's singing 'Richard'?"
"You know," he explained, "Dick the halls..."

It got better.

Just then came the refrain, "Don we now our gay apparel..."
To which Lane said, "Oh, great! Now we've got Dick and Don wearing gay clothes in the same song!"

FM100 will never be the same again!

3 comments:

jalynnie said...

oh man. i almost peed at this one.

on a more somber note...charity's mom passed away last night..on christmas. i will give you the whole scoop..i will try and call you in the next day or two...

love to you....
Jalynnie

Dana said...

Thank you for posting that - I really needed a good laugh. And it's okay if Joshua thinks Merrit is the prettiest, I know I'm prettiest in my kids eyes...well, at least Jane's.

Viktoria said...

Hahahaha! That hilarious!
Hmm and my word verification to post this comment? "dorkscul" who ever would want to go to a dork school?? :P