Sunday, June 8, 2008

ABSENT

Have you noticed that I've been gone for awhile?
During my absence I have...

subbed three times
(ah, substituting...how I've missed you)
walked the dog everyday
made dinner every night
finished with "Annie Get Your Gun"
watched Joshua perform in "American Heroes"
(pictures to follow at some point)
watched a lot of movies:
27 Dresses, worth a dollar
P.S. I Love You, worth $2 and a quiet night at home
Dan in Real Life, worth several dollars and several viewings
No Reservations, worth anything to watch Aaron Ekhart be so adorable
The Golden Compass, worth paying somebody several dollars to not make you watch it
The Kite Runner, worth lots of gratitude for living in this country
Pretty in Pink, worth not having to go back to high school anymore
Juno, worth 25 cents for the movie, and about 5 dollars apiece to not have my boys see it (sitting within viewing distance of the "Teen Mother" desk at the Health Department was a far better education for them than any happy-ending movie)
Elizabeth, the Golden Age, worth 75 cents, and lots of drooling over the wigs and costumes
read some good books:
Eleanor Roosevelt: A Life of Discovery
The Host
Fablehaven 2: Rise of the Evening Star
The Book Thief
Plato and a Platypus Walk Into A Bar
went on a double date with Colin and Amy (oh, and Michael...)
rode in a carriage to complete our double date (thanks, Michael!)
mowed the lawn twice
planted the herbs that the boys gave me for Mother's Day
bought some shorts
made a dress (dang, it's cute)
got my hair cut (dang, it's cute)
went on a motorcycle ride to Park City with Michael (dang, he's cute)
took the boys to get their immunizations
went to two baby showers

went to the dentist and HAD NO CAVITIES
went to the cannery and worked to increase our food storage
went to Lane's 9th grade awards assembly
took Lane to clarinet lessons
took Evan to the doctor
went to Evan's choir concert
dropped Evan off at the High School at 4:00 a.m. to leave on his choir tour
rode my bike instead of driving
took naps
and lots, lots more.

What I have not done is...

blog.
Oh, and clean the house. It's so over-rated.

Well, I hope you'll welcome me back. I hope I'll have something to say...

4 comments:

SladeMomma said...

WELCOME BACK! I've missed you and your wit. I'm glad that you have been so productive, but where are the pictures of the new haircut, new dress, boys' events?

Dana said...

Even the mundane is fun to read...

lovely laurie said...

Are you me? Minus the double date with Michael (although he IS cute I'd prefer someone else...), but your life sounds a lot like mine. Oh, and without the movies (although I did like 27 Dresses-without the language, and P.S. I Love You-without the beginning, didn't see the rest), and without the books (didn't read any), and didn't make myself a new dress (it wouldn't have been cute). Well, maybe we aren't all that much alike. You will have to keep trying! hahahaha!

jalynnie said...

i agree with gay...pictures please!!