Thursday, June 19, 2008

ON VACATION: DAY 3



Guess where I am today?

Does "rubbing his foot for luck" ring any bells? It didn't for me either. In fact, I'd never heard of the tradition until our guide talked about it. Here's another clue:



And another:



(I just love this picture, with the row of bicycles and the one power-scooter-thing...)

Today super-sister Dana and I "toured" the campus of Harvard (excuse me, Hahvahd) University. We saw John Harvard's statue:



Memorial Hall:



(I loved watching that man rappel down the roof of that building. I also loved all the stained glass in Memorial Hall--and we didn't even get to see all of it. We peeked in the windows of the Freshman Cafeteria...and WOW! You can really see what you're paying for to go to school there!)

Yep, lots and lots of stained glass:



And Hawkeye's name (oh, how you've influenced me, husband of mine!):



We also visited (the outside of) Memorial Church, Widener Memorial Library, Massachusetts Hall, Sever Hall, Wigglesworth Hall, and several more beautiful buildings.


It was an absolutely superb day, spent with an absolutely superb person. Thanks, Dana. I guess I am pretty lucky after all!

No comments: