Sunday, June 29, 2008

ON VACATION: DAY 13



Going to church.

You might think that going to church is not all that exciting. Oh, but you'd be wrong. Think how exciting it is to attend a singles' ward: who's hot, who's not, and all that fun stuff (again). It was definitely prettification time!

This is what happened to me when I attempted to get prettified: a big ol' curling iron burn on my cheek. Not unlike the one already decorating my forehead...nice!


This is what happened when Merrit attempted to prettify:

Any boy's dreamboat!

I couldn't let Merrit humiliate the other girls with her absolute loveliness, so I had her change out of her princess attire and into something a little more drab. Eventually we ended up with this:

Meanwhile, Dana was working hard on her own beautification...


and did a mighty fine job of it!

After church we continued our loveliness program by eating lots of french toast with melted cinnamon chips...YUM!...watching the love-experts in "Pride and Prejudice"...YAY!...and getting some beauty rest by taking naps. Then we gathered up the nicest dog on the face of the earth--even I will admit that Pepper is a great dog--and headed to Dana and Rob's house for the evening.


The kids were as ecstatic to see the dog as Dana and Rob weren't.



After walks, talks, and lots of yummy cookies straight from the oven, we said our fond farewells and vacation, sadly, was over...


Good-bye, my sweet sister-friends. I will miss you.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Thanks for visiting...come again soon! Maybe I'll be able to play with you!