Friday, June 27, 2008

ON VACATION: DAY 11



Just call me Susie-Secretary. That's what I pretended to be today at Merrit's work. I got the empty desk next door to her office, where I worked on my blog and she worked on her work. It was another rainy afternoon with a downpour that seemed to come out of no where. I was happy to be inside for most of it. We were a little dampened when we went to buy sandwich stuff for lunch, but nothing could dampen the thrill of a lazy, hazy, do-nothing (for me) day. Especially not when, after visiting 4--count them: 4--grocery stores so that Sister M could find just the right toffee bits, I scored with finding (drum roll, please...) CINNAMON CHIPS!!!



You must understand. I became addicted to these things after my sister-in-law, Monica, baked them into some scrumptious scones a while back. I could only find them at one store in the home state, which sadly stopped stocking them about a year ago. I have since placed special requests with grocery stores and even searched for them on-line, but to no avail. Happily, the fourth grocery store we visited for toffee bits availed my availing; 7 bags worth. Merrit found what she needed, too. Thank you, dear Shaw's. French toast with melted cinnamon chips coming right up!

2 comments:

SladeMomma said...

Okay, I'd never heard of Hershey's Cinnamon Chips, but I looked online and found lots of places to buy them plus lots of recipes calling for them. How does White Chocolate Cinnamon Scones sound?

Keri said...

How come you ALWAYS do everything better than me? That sounds pouty, but it just plain true curiousity. Actually, I don't like scones...just the chips. What other recipes can you find to tempt me?