Monday, November 8, 2010

A BIG FAT LIAR

Do you know Peter Breinholt? Well, he knows me, and he also knows I'm a big fat liar!
For each show at the Hale Centre Theater, the performers fill out a bio form which is then sent to some bio putter-together-er for the program.
After several same-sounding descriptions of myself and my life, I decided to make it just a touch more personal...with a lie.
So, from the bio of one program you would have learned that I love to travel and attend time share presentations. From another, that I am a sports enthusiast. Or, that I enjoy snowshoeing in the deep woods, and hiking in for a long winter's camp. Pretty entertaining stuff, really. I even mentioned that I love nothing more than ironing all my family's clothes (particularly their undies! I didn't really say that...but it would be as true as the rest of my entries!).
It's all fun and games until somebody believes you, right?
So imagine how NOT funny it was when a dad (Peter) came to me last year requesting my help in picking out and training a dog for his son. They had been trying to convince Mom that a dog was a good thing when, lo and behold, the young son read in my bio that I am a dog trainer! (Not exactly a lie, really, considering how many dogs I've tried to train. I should have written that what I really am is a failed husband trainer!). I had to fess up to my fib, and felt pretty badly about it, too.
Not bad enough to change my ways, though. I wonder who I'll scar this year with the reading of my program bio?

2 comments:

Natty said...

LOL!!!! Okay, that truly is hilarious!

Dana said...

My next bio:

Dana is an avid napper. She loves cutting kids fingernails and helping them with homework. Dana's ideal role for real life would be Nana in Peter Pan.