Sunday, November 7, 2010

UNABLE TO LIVE WITHOUT...

A favorite former neighbor came visiting at church today. She had her hair cut all cute and fancy, and looked absolutely adorable. (Yes, Nat, this means YOU!).
She asked about my favorite short-hair hair products, which got me thinking all through church about all my other favorite things, like eyeshadow and lipsticks, shoe shopping and clearance racks. It was a very spiritual day. All that spiritual soul searching seemed to go right along with something I read for Sunday School today:

"And when thou art spoiled, what wilt thou do? . . . Thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painting, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair. . ." Jeremiah 4:30

Hmmm...in vain, huh? Hmmmm....
Still, knowing that truly meaningful things are meant to be shared, here is an it's-just-about-time-for-me-to-crash-into-bed-list of my very favorite things. Vain efforts and spoilage notwithstanding...

For the Head:


For the Eyes:



For the Lips:



For the Mouth:



For the Ears:



For my Closet:



For my Sanity:


For my Heart:



Perhaps it's not all worthless stuff, after all...

3 comments:

Dana said...

With all the scriptures out there, I'm sure you can find one to support or discourage just about anything if taken out of context. I think your favorites are great. Esp the chips and salsa. Especially LIME chips and salsa.

Natty said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I loved your post along with the products!! You were a great dose of goodness for my heart yesterday, thank you. OH, how I miss seeing you every week. Any chance you guys are moving North anytime soon? :)

SladeMomma said...

I need instructions in using the hair and face stuff. I'm good with the chips.