Sunday, November 14, 2010

SINGING THEME SONGS

There is some movie out there (probably at Red Box, because where else does my family go to get movies?) about Robin Hood that Joshua keeps talking about wanting to see. I couldn't help but laugh as he was talking on and on about this movie and then stopped to ask, "Who is Robin Hood, anyway?"

Who is Robin Hood? Who is Robin Hood? How can it be that my own child doesn't know about this iconic character of a hundred and two classic tales, one of the all-time best Disney animations, and the movie with that heart stopping theme song, "Everything I Do...I Do It For You"? Where have I gone wrong?

I felt greatly relieved as recognition dawned on him after only a few moments of explanation. "Oh, yeah," he said, nodding his head with understanding. "He's that guy that takes from the rich and gives to the poor." And then, the clencher:

"I guess he's kind of like Obama."



Oo-de-lally, oo-de-lally, golly what a day...

2 comments:

SladeMomma said...

Yep, I think you said that Josh has insights.

Colin said...

we just watched prince of thieves two nights ago. :)