Tuesday, November 16, 2010

AFFIRMING

"I can live for two months on a good compliment." --Mark Twain

Me, too! I am definitely one of those "Words of Affirmation" love language-ers.
I just got home from rehearsal for "A Christmas Carol." It is my sixth or seventh year doing the show, so you'd think I've probably got this down. Yet I still find myself wanting to hear that I'm doing things right. I'll hear a laugh and wonder, "Was that for me?" I'll see a grimace and think, "What did I do wrong?" Pretty selfish and needy of me, I know. But very honest of me to tell you.
And let me tell you, you look very nice today; monitor glow suits you. And you have such a good sense of humor, reading and laughing at my blog like this. And a tender heart, caring about all I have to say. I also think that you have a lot of patience, waiting as you did for me to write again. I just really think you're an all around great person to have around. You really make me feel good. Keep up the good work!

2 comments:

Dana said...

I laugh at you all the time. I'm sure you are AWESOME!

SladeMomma said...

Who, me? I hope so cuz I thrive on compliments at least as much as you do.